21 Aug How much do wedding flowers cost?
Accurate average cost of flowers for the wedding – find out how much you can expect to pay for the wedding flowers and how to save.
Most of the couples choose to make their wedding ceremonies even more beautiful with the help of gorgeous floral arrangements. Around 8% of couples’ wedding budgets go on flowers. Depending on what kind of flowers you want the cost may vary from $700 to $2,500 with the most couple spending around $1,500. The prices vary based on your location, season, and the amount and type of flowers. The average price of a bride’s bouquet is $160, and the bridesmaids’ bouquets will cost you around $75 per bouquet, which you should consider including in your budget.
What services does a wedding florist provide?
- Consultation is the first step. You should discuss your vision of your wedding with the florist to get the best image. Your florist will then help you with possible floral arrangements and pricing options.
- You will get the samples of what you can expect on your wedding day from your florist so you know you’re on the same page.
- You don’t only pay for flowers. Your florist will then spend hours to arrange them in beautiful floral decorations.
- After your flowers are arranged your florist will have to spend hours to put them in the right places at your wedding location.
- Before that they have to be stored properly in the fridge so they aren’t damaged before the big day.
- You florist will have to pay for the delivery to your wedding location. He’s not alone there. He will probably have some hired staff.
- Also if you need any floral rearrangements during the wedding it should be done by the florist staff.
- After the wedding all your decorations needs to be torn down and everything should be cleaned up which is also a florist expense.
When should you hire a wedding florist?
You should really do that in advance and hire a florist around 8 months before the big day. Take your friends’ recommendations or read online reviews before choosing one.
Do I have to tip my florist?
You don’t usually tip your florist but expect to tip the delivery people $5-$20 per person. Include those tips in your budget. Don’t forget to write a review on the florist after your big day.
Do certain wedding flowers cost more?
Different flowers cost differently which make up the price of flower arrangements. Peonies, gardenias and hydrangeas are the most expensive ones. If you want a less expensive option choose freesia, baby’s breath, roses (not garden ones), daisies, or carnations. Also use more greenery, it looks good but costs less.
How can I save money on my wedding flowers?
Your wedding flowers shouldn’t cost a fortune. You can save some money using these couple easy ways but will still have an amazing floral arrangements:
- Use seasonal flowers.
- Reuse ceremony arrangements during other parts of the wedding .
- It doesn’t have to be all flowers. Mix then with greenery, candles and other things.